Meal Payment Options
Negative Balance Policy
Royal ISD has a no charge policy, wherein, when a student reaches a balance of zero dollars, they will refer to the Alternate Meal Policy.
Alternate Meal Policy - Students that have a zero balance will be offered an alternative lunch for a maximum of two occurrences during the school year. An alternative lunch consists of a cheese sandwich and milk. After the student reaches their maximum of two alternative meals, they will NOT be given a meal.
For more information, see the attached document regarding the District's alternative meal policy.
Students have the opportunity to pre-pay for the meals they purchase from our cafeterias.
Parents can send a check made out to Royal Independent School District and send it to the Chartwells office. Our mailing address is:
Chartwells Dining Service
3714 FM 359
Pattison, TX 77466
Using Cash and Checks:
You and/or your child can prepay at the serving line.
With current national attention being focused on children’s health and wellness issues, Royal Independent School District’s Food Service Department is excited to provide parents a convenient, easy and secure online prepayment service to deposit money into your child’s school meal account at any time. This service also provides parents the ability to view your child’s account balance and receive low balance notifications via e-mail through a web site called MyNutrikids.com. By having money in each child’s account prior to entering the cafeteria, we find the lunch lines move along much faster so your child has more time to eat and be with friends.
Also, parents will have the ability to print out a copy of their child’s eating history report. This history report will show you all dates and times that your child has purchased a breakfast and or lunch within the past thirty days.
To access these services:
Register for MyNutrikids.com
1. You will first need your child’s student ID number; you may get this number by contacting your child’s school or contacting the food service office.
2. Go to the prepayment website at www.MyNutrikids.com.
3. Click "Sign Up" and enter the zip codes for the school (77423).
4. Select "Royal ISD"
5. Click "Continue"
6. Fill in your name, e-mail, and choose a password that is at least 6 characters long and can only contain letters, numbers, and underscores.
7. Click "Continue"
8. Review the information
9. Click "Submit"
10. Click "Login"
11. Click "Accept"
Add Students to Your Family Account
1. When you log in you will be taken to the homepage.
2. Click "MyKids" from the main menu OR from the blue navigation bar above.
This is a listing of the students in your account. It will be empty on your first visit to the site.
3. Click "Add Child" and enter the required information.
4. Click "Submit" to continue.
5. Click "Add Child" to repeat the process for additional children.
NOTE: Your child’s transaction history report will not display information during the initial account set up process.
How to Make a Deposit
1. Click "Deposit Money" located next to Add Student.
2. Enter an amount in the Deposit column next to your child’s name.
If you have more than one child, enter the amount you wish to deposit into the column next to each child’s name. DO NOT deposit money for your entire family into ONE child’s account.
3. Click "Calculate"
4. Click "Make Deposit"
5. You will be directed to the PayPal web site to enter your payment information.
6. You have the option to use your existing PayPal account or a major credit card to make your payment.
7. If you are using your PayPal account, enter your email address and PayPal password to continue. Skip to step 10.
8. If you don't have a PayPal account, click on "Continue" on the left side of the screen under "Don't have a PayPal account?" Enter in the required information. For your protection, MyNutrikids.com will not store your financial information.
9. Click "Review Order and Continue"
10. Click "Pay Now" when finished.
Things to know:
-If you have more than one child in the District you can handle all online prepayments from the same online account.
-Payments may be made through an existing PayPal account or with a major credit or debit card.
-Payments are generally processed by PayPal within 24 hours. However, if the payment option selected is an eCheck, processing can take anywhere from 4 to 7 business days. If you opt to pay via eCheck, please allow a minimum lead time of one week before the funds are made available in your child’s account.
-In order to use the online prepayment service, a small convenience fee for each transaction will be assessed to cover the bank fees. The convenience fee is $1.75 per deposit transaction. Parents placing money into multiple meal accounts will only be assessed the $1.75 fee once per deposit transaction. Royal Independent School District will not profit from the use of this site.
We are very excited to offer these new services and are confident this new system will benefit you, your child and our District. However, if you choose not to take advantage of the online prepayment service you may continue to make advance payments via check, which should be made payable to the Royal Independent School District. Please write your child’s full name on the check.